Monday, January 24, 2011

Jerk medium & bells

Jerk 2x20kg: 5
Jerk 2x24kg: 5,40/6min,5
Jerk 2x28kg:2,4,6
 

My newest addition: a pair of 24kg Leokos. Very nice. Comfortable and solid. They are cast to their weight - not empty shells filled with stuff. The slight curbature of the handle sits very nice in the lockouts. The texture of the handle (glass-blasted) is also formidable - chalk sticks immediatly. I have been waiting for this for two years in May: i.e. since when I first lifted Leoko-bells (some of the first prototypes, actually).
The iron quality seems to be somewhere between steel and cast iron, there are some pores on the handles.

4 comments:

Boris T said...

Wow those are beautiful! I'd love to try em out and see how the curved handle feels. I've seen many of the Russian bells are like that as well.

Alexander said...

They are sweet! Today, I will try to snatch them.

antti said...

It's more like the other way around. These are exactly like the Russian bell's. Or should I say the SOVIET bell's. At the moment Leoko is the only manufacturer ´, who makes bell's with official measures. Bought shape and weight. But I really don't know any Russian manufacturer. I am sure you can get one from there too.

Gonzo said...

Very Nice!!